Monday, November 19, 2018

"Melted my heart like butter"

Ok I know! I am awful at sending weeklys out.....I honestly don't know how long it has been since I sent out an email....very likely that it has been two months....which I am sorry for!
So I'm going to catch yall up to speed!
First things first....I got transferred last week. I am back in the upstate in Spartanburg with Sister Sanders. We whitewashed in(meaning both of us are new here and are running around like chickens who just got their heads cut off). Ok it isn't that bad, it's just an adjustment trying to both learn what is going on in the area and how to get around. But it is going well so far and the people here have  been so nice.
It was really hard to say goodbye to people in Lake Murray! I miss them so much already. I'm broken inside so no tears happened.....apparently getting use to all the changes has just made my heart cold or something because tears are non-existent in my life now. Even though I couldn't cry I was really sad. I don't know if yall remember me talking about Drew because it has been so long but he was our neighbor who we would talk to almost every night. He is quite the guy. We were able to get him to come to church with us our last two Sundays and then we surprised him Thursday morning(the day we had to leave) coming out to say goodbye one last time before he went to work. We gave him little notes that we wrote for him. He messaged us later and told him our notes melted his heart like butter! He is such a goof but I love that guy!
Thursday was really hard.....I had to say goodbye to one of the greatest sister missionaries that South Carolina has ever known. I definitely was able to shed a few tears that day! Sister Robins went back home and I am so happy for her but sad to have her leave me. She has left me three times this year! She likes to play with my emotions like that haha. I definitely was blessed to be her companion TWICE! and She is going to kill it back home!
I also got to see a few of my old comps! Shout out to Sister Tucker, Sister Callahan, and Sister Christensen!! I miss being with those girls every day! They are some amazing peeps! Sister Ogden I will be seeing you at zone conference!!! Woot! Woot!
I love being a missionary and I am so grateful for the people I have been able to meet on my mission. I am sorry I have been bad at sending updates but it's only because I'm busy enjoying being here and maybe a little bit of it is I am too lazy to take the time on Mondays when I much rather nap. Sorry not sorry! But I do love yall and hope you have an amazing Thanksgiving!! And please don't die going black Friday shopping!!
Check out the Light the World website as well! I hope all of yall will spend the time watching these Christmas videos and finding ways to serve those around you the month of December! It is going to be a party!


Love,
Sister Rice




No comments:

Post a Comment