Monday, March 26, 2018

"What was his name??? Elder Klinglebat???"

Hey yall!!! Hope you all have had an amazing week! I sure did! It has been an interesting one that is for sure!
We had a mission conference on Saturday where all the missionaries in South Carolina gathered to hear one of our church leaders...his name is Elder Klebingat...but one of the senior missionaries I serve with called him Elder Klinglebat haha we all got a good laugh at that one and just grateful she didn't say that to his face!
It was an awesome conference though and I learned a lot on what I can do to improve as a missionary. I will go back to the conference in a second.
Earlier this week we have had quite a few interesting experiences. On Tuesday we were on exchanges where we switch companions for 24 hours with one of our Sister Training Leaders. I stayed here in my area and we went to go check on this women who had requested a Book of Mormon. Right after I got done introducing the Book of Mormon to her and inviting her to read from it and scheduling a time to return, her neighbor came up to me(meanwhile my companion is playing with the kids to keep them busy) and asked what are the requirements to be mormon. I knew that was a loaded question.....I started trying to explain having faith in Jesus Christ and trying to explain the priesthood(the authority of God), when she kept cutting me off and saying that she was just watching a video the night before about how mormons are a cult. I was like oh no.....she was saying I was saying a lot of things they did and she kept getting more angry and saying how she doesn't believe that there should be people higher in status in church which is why she chose the church she goes to where they don't refer to their preacher as preacher or pastor. They are all equal. I was trying to explain to here that we are all equal and we are given assignments at different times to help strengthen each other but we are all of equal importance. She kept cutting me off and started getting in my face...literally like an inch away from my face...I was for sure she was going to push me or something. So I just stopped trying to answer her questions and just started testifying of how I know that this is true and how God has revealed it to me as I have come to Him in prayer to ask these things. It took about five minutes for me to be testifying before she finally stopped getting in my face and then she just sat there and you could tell she was feeling the Spirit. She finally got up and gave me a hug and told me that she is glad that I have some wisdom and find out for myself and not just believe what is said to me. I told her that there is a lot of skewed information and next time she should go to the missionaries or one of the church websites if she has questions. It was such a neat experience to see when her heart was finally softened and she knew and felt that I was speaking truth.
That was a terrifying yet amazing experience that strengthened my testimony in trusting that the Lord provides for His missinoaries and helps them know what to say.
Elder Klebingat said at the conference that a person with a spiritual experience adn testimony is never at the mercy of someone with merely an opinion. That is so true so never back down from sharing your testimony of the Savior! May you all remember what He has done for us and that He helps those who have faith in Him. Hope yall have an amazing week and Easter Sunday!
Love,
Sister Rice

See if you can find me in this picture of the whole mission:)

No comments:

Post a Comment