Monday, July 2, 2018

Grandma DO NOT READ THIS EMAIL!!!

Seriously Grandma...if you opened this please don't read it! I am warning you now it talks about something you hate so DON'T READ IT! I will send you your own weekly email. haha

Okay so those that know me well are probably not going to believe this story but I swear IT HAPPENED. I wish I would have gotten a picture but I was too freaked out by the time I realized what was going on that the last thing on my mind was a picture for proof. 
So it all starts out on Friday where we were helping this family move. They were leaving that day and didn't realize how much stuff they still had to get out of their house, so I was upstairs cleaning the laundry room closet out. I had cleared out all the cleaning supplies and last thing on this shelf was a backpack. I grabbed the backpack and it was surprisingly heavy...it didn't look like anything was really in it. Luckily I am not a nosy person and just plopped the backpack down instead of opening it up or this story might be a little more intense haha. So I finished what I was doing and put the backpack on to carry it downstairs to ask where it needs to go. I walked up to the member and said, " Hey where do you want this backpack?" Next thing I know he gets this big smile on his face and while starting to laugh he says, " OH! That's my snake! I didn't think anyone would move the bag." I instantly froze in terror! Luckily he quickly grabbed it off my back and as soon as he did I ran outside screaming, trying not to pass out. I hate snakes! Absolutely terrified of them! And this wasn't any snake. It was a huge BOA CONSTRICTOR people!!!! ON MY BACK! ALL THE WAY DOWNSTAIRS ACROSS THE HOUSE! First off who has a pet snake that big??? And second WHO KEEPS A SNAKE IN A LAUNDRY ROOM CLOSET IN A STINKIN BACKPACK!???!??! He got a good laugh about it and I said well now you will never forget me and I sure won't ever forget you guys. Too bad I didn't have a picture for proof.
Anyways later that day we got to go up to girls camp for testimony meeting. It was so much fun! There was this girl there that has been coming to church with a member for awhile and isn't a member. She shared her testimony and it was so fun watching her get the courage to do so. It reminded me a lot of my first year at girls camp and how strong I felt the Spirit testifying of truth. She shared the same thing in her testimony how she knows this church is true and has really learned how to recognize the Spirit. Afterwards I went and talked to her and told her my experience and she told me how she wants to get baptized and how her mom just gave her permission to do so. We are now going to be teaching her!!!! MIRACLE OF THE WEEK!
We have had a busy week and it has gone by super fast! I love it here so much and with transfers coming up I have been begging President to keep me here longer....I guess next week we will find out if he listens to my request haha. 
We have been working hard and staying busy. This week we had 5 people who we are teaching come to church and this next Saturday we have a baptism for two of those 5! And it will be in all Spanish....we will be singing a hymn is Spanish....not alone(We all know I can't sing).
Well God is great. I love being a missionary. The gospel of Jesus Christ is restored in it's fullness and is the only way to have true joy. Mormon.org is a great way to get questions you have answered about the church!
LOVE YALL
-Sister Rice





No comments:

Post a Comment