Monday, July 23, 2018

"I told my kids it goes God, Mamma, Mamma, Mamma, Mamma, then Dad."

Hey Yall!
I know! What a shocker?!?!? 3 weekly emails in 3 weeks....what is going on!?!?! Well there is just too much going on that needs to be told. Sorry! :)

This week was hard! But great of course. Saturday was a rough day! When I say rough I mean rough....like 5 straight hours of NO ONE wanting to listen to us or being home. NO ONE.....
Literally with no ideas left and no energy to keep pushing through we had a bible and Book of Mormon referral to deliver. We said a pleading prayer with Heavenly Father saying please just let this guy be home and please let us be able to teach him something. We knocked on his door and Praise the Lord this man was home! And even more amazing he wanted to listen to what we had to say!!! He was telling us how he always told his kids who came in order of importance in life(see subject heading to find out). We left almost in tears of joy and exhaustion. We got in the car and just gave a prayer of thanks to Heavenly Father and then went home completely wiped out.

Thursday we attempted biking.....I will attach the before and after.....
Well we started out very excited. About a half mile down the road Sister Ogden's tire went flat. We were right in front of a gymnastics studio and surprisingly they had a bike pump. Thank Heavens! Then we continued on and no one was home....then we got lost in the neighborhood we were in and decided to head back since it was starting to get dark. Well let's just say that it was a lot more of an incline than we thought. It was extremely hard hah...or maybe it was just because I am super out of shape! To make it even better it started to rain! I got up to a point where I could stop to take a break and when trying to get off my skirt got caught and me and my bike went down. HAH! I will be taking a break from biking for awhile. What makes this story greater than it already is was a member had drove past us, but we thought she didn't see us. When we got back to our apartment she called us and asked if we made it back okay. She said by the time she realized it was us she had passed us and hurried home to see if her husband was home with his truck. When we got off the phone, Sister Ogden being her cute self said,"Well my prayer was answered! I prayed asking that a member would drive by and see us." I said, " Sister Ogden you need to say more specific prayers!"
Lessons to be learned: 
1)Don't bike in a skirt
2) God has a sense of humor
3) Specific prayers bring specific blessings

On a closing matter. I got to sit where Nicholas Sparks sat and wrote the NOTEBOOK! I am not lying! He used to live in this neighborhood called Neely Farms that is right by the church and a man we are teaching told us what house he used to live in and met him at a book signing and Mr. Sparks said that the Notebook was written at this pond in the middle of the neighborhood. Seriously love being in South Carolina!

Well I hope yall have a great week!
Love,
Sister Rice




No comments:

Post a Comment