Monday, July 16, 2018

I Know I Only Sent An Email Last Week But..

I had to tell you about my new companion!
Her name is Sister Ogden and she is from Meridian Idaho. She is the sweetest thing ever and an amazingly strong individual. 
We were on our way over to a dinner appointment and she has some problems with like all foods so she was really nervous. I was saying that they were super nice and would definitely understand. I even tried to make her feel better by telling her that I was even a l;little nervous because this lady was making shepherds pie and not the way my mom makes it at all. Well when we got to the house she said a prayer before we went in and said, "Please up them understand and let me make a sandwich, and please help sister Rice like the food even though it isn't like her moms and that she still can enjoy it." Haha it made me smile and I have started to realize that all her prayers are very real like that and random. It's cute and makes it a memorable prayer and definitely not repetitive. 
Also we tried to make an apple pie for a family in the ward to return their pie pan back full.....well....see picture below for how that went hahahaha
Anyways we definitely have seen a lot of miracles here and are having lots of success. 
We have two people on date to be baptized that will most likely be getting baptized in August. 
Elsa and Juan are doing great and Juan will be receiving the priesthood this next week so that he can pass the sacrament! When we went and saw them earlier this week they had showed us this paper where they had written down their family home evening they had done. I thought it was awesome that they planned it out and really took action. They are such a great example of what it means to be truly and fully converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ. 
I hope each of you think of a way this week you can become more truly converted to the Savior and His teachings. Whatever that looks like for you, whether it be spending less time on social media, going and helping a friend/neighbor, reading scriptures, or praying. I know that as each of you evaluate your life and find something that needs improvement, as you turn to the Savior, He will help you improve and be better. 
Hope all is well!
Love,
Sister Rice​




No comments:

Post a Comment