Sunday, December 14, 2014

3 Months down 15 to Go! Oct 20, 2014

Hello everyone:) I hope yall had a great week!
I sure did!
I cant believe I have already been gone for 3 months...it is going by too fast for me! 
There has been so many great things happening here in Anderson South Carolina:)
First off Joe is doing great! He is continuing to prepare for baptism and hopefully will be baptized on Nov 1st if we can get him interviewed this Saturday. He is pretty much a member! He has been helping the Elders Quorum help people move, participating in family home evenings, going home teaching, and is even helping us teach his grandma the lessons. His grandmas name is Susie and she is so sweet. We taught her the plan of salvation this week and she just kept saying that it makes sense and she already believed a lot of it, her church just didn't preach it. We have high hopes for her. The only problem is it might be difficult for the quit smoking, but we know that if we pray and how faith in the Lord it is possible!
We also taught this man name Scott. He is a neighbor to one of t he members in the ward. He is so prepared for the gospel! He said he remembers seeing the church's commercials when he was a little kid and feeling the spirit. He now is ready to learn more about the church.
It was really neat too we went and saw this family in the ward. The mother is a member and the father and the kids aren't. We were able to have a really good lesson with the family about coming to church and gaining a testimony of the gospel. The dad didn't seem to sure about it. And he said he didn't like that everyone has a testimony of Joseph Smith as a prophet, he said that it should be focused on Christ and the living prophet. We told him to pray about coming to church this Sunday and they didn't really tell us they would or not. We left feeling good about our visit though because we were able to schedule a time to come back. Sunday morning we see them walking down the hall!! Sister Hendrix and I were so excited...im pretty sure our jaws dropped to the floor hahah:) But the best part is that every single talk in sacrament was centered on Jesus Christ and what he has done for us. It was exactly what he needed to hear.
This work is so amazing! There is no other way I would want to spend my time right now.I love the people here so much and can't imagine my life without them. That is one thing I love about the gospel. Since  its all ran by the priesthood authority of God and because we have the knowledge we will see each other for eternity and that were all brothers and sisters, it unites us wherever we are. The gospel unifies all of us and brings us all hope and joy in this crazy world. Share it with people! The gospel brings us true happiness and peace in our lives. It is the only way to have our families knit together for eternity. I'm so grateful for the knowledge and testimony I have of the gospel and I hope those of you who aren't members will look into it, and those of you who are members will share it! I hope all of you know how much I love you! and Thank you so much for all the support you give me. I couldn't do it without your prayers!
Until next time...
Love,
Sister Rice




No comments:

Post a Comment