Sunday, December 14, 2014

Another Great Week Nov 10,2014

Well its been another great week:)
This last friday our ward had a chili cook off and all the missionaries were asked to be the judges for it. I had to try 24 different chilis....it was great haha:) People here make some weird flavors of chili...oh and there was this one that had a lot...A LOT of jabenero peppers. We all had to take a minute break after eating that one. But it was fun and the ward loved it.
The work is continuing to progress here. We recently learned how to teach the lessons in 7 minutes. Its very short but very powerful and we have already seen a difference in the people we are teaching using this new way to teach. 
Joe is doing great and will hopefully be getting baptzied soon and we are teaching his grandma Susan and she is preparing to be baptized as well. 
I have been learning so much and sometimes feel like Im learning more than the people I am teaching. There is this great talk that I read this week because of where I am at in the New Testament and I would invite each of you to read it. Its about the story where Christ heals the little boy because of the fathers belief or faith, and how we all struggle with not fully believeing sometimes but that the Lord makes up for that. 
The gospel is so true and changes lives. I see it daily. I hope you all are embracing it and soaking it all in. We only have a short amount of time to learn as much as we can and make our faith as strong as we can before our time here is done. May we all take the time to do the simple things each day, like praying, reading the scriptures, serving, and going to church. We need to be preparing spiritually and temporally for the things to come. I have read over and over again this week in the scriptures Christ sayiong, "I come quickly." Are we ready to meet Him? By strengthening our faith His grace will help us become more like Him. We can lean on Him to make it through this life. He is the way back home.
I hope you all know how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are aware of you and love you. Remember we are all divine beings. I love you all and am so grateful for all the support I get from you! Thank you for all you do! Have a great week:)
Until next time.... 
Love,
Sister Rice



No comments:

Post a Comment