Sunday, December 14, 2014

MTC July 30, 2014

Hello everyone!
I want to first start off by saying the gospel is true!!! My testimony has grown so much in the six and a half days I've been here. It has gone by so fast but so slow. We like to say here that five days feels like five hours but also five weeks! It is so true. I leave monday morning August 4th....at 3:30 AM......yay!! Can't wait to be out in the mission field though!!

So I will tell you just a few things that have happened here. Im going to start off with the bad news first though...
Our district is made up of 10 missionaries, some going to South Carolina and some Columbus Ohio. We have become very close and Sister Hathaway(my companion) and I are like their mothers. Elder Wade who is apart of our district had to go home this morning. He has some type of lung disease and there is a slight chance it might be lung cancer. It was pretty hard on our district to see him go, but we all went and dropped him off today and then fasted together when we went to the temple for him. So please pray for Joshua Wade and his family at this time. We all feel he will be out here again as soon as possible. He would always drink blue powerade with every meal so today at lunch we all had a glass for him...it was gross ha but a great way to remember him.

Last night at devotional guess who came to speak!!! John Groberg!!!!! The member of the seventy who was the missionary from the movie "The Other Side of Heaven"!! It was so cool. He spoke Tongan and showed clips from the movie and shared with us about it. He told us to bear our testimonies in everything we do! Don't be afraid to. We can do it through talking, singing, praying, who we are, and what we do.

Our teachers are amazing. They each are very entertaining. Especially Brother Rasmussen. He is crazy. He was telling us that he had a missionary come up and draw the plan of salvation and they started drawing the circles that say each step of it. I don't know if you have seen that before. Anyways he said now im going to draw it and did a quick drawing of Jesus Christ. He said Heavenly Father didn't sit there with a white board saying "this is where we are...this is where we are going..." And yelled no! All he said was "Whom shall I send?" and Jesus replied "Here am I, send me" Isn't that amazing!!! and so profound!!!
We also learned that Heavenly Father doesn't answer our prayers the way we think. The guy who created the first ford said " If I would have asked the people what they wanted all of them would have said a faster horse." So sometimes we may be wanting a faster horse when what Heavenly Father has for us is a car. Remember that!

I have also come to love role playing and have been really good at seeing them as a real investigator.
I love my companion! I know I was definitely put with her through inspiration not by accident. You thought I talked a lot! man you need to meet Sister Hathaway! Sometimes I have to tell her to quiet down or let other people speak hahah but she is great! And has such a strong testimony. We balance each other out perfectly! I have a hard times being too serious about teaching the gospel and she helps remind me to have fun with it. She sometimes gets distracted and Im there to help her remember why we are here.

We are here not for ourselves but for the Lord. It is time to forget myself and go to work and I really have. Even though I miss all of you, back home is not where my focus is at. My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them understand faith in the Atonement of Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.
I am doing awesome! And hope you are all having fun! All is well! All is well!

Love,
Sister Rice(white rice)
p.s. my district gave me that nickname.














No comments:

Post a Comment